EU Commission is recruiting experts for EXPAMED Expert panels
The European Commission is currently actively recruiting experts for the EXPAMED Expert panels, which will help evaluating high-risk medical devices and in vitro diagnostics. Due to several circumstances including BREXIT, there is an urgent need for additional experts, in particular in the fields of gynaecology, diabetes, orthopaedics and ophthalmology.
Experts with an EU citizenship may submit an expression of interest through this online application form by 31 January 2021.
While the application will remain open, the selection will start immediately after this date.
What expertise is needed?
The open call for expression of interest aims at drawing up a list of candidates that are eligible and apt in regard to their expertise in relevant clinical or other scientific technical areas. The maximum number of experts for each panel was determined by the European Commission in accordance with requisite needs.
If selected, experts may be appointed to one of the following 11 panels
- Orthopaedics, traumatology, rehabilitation, rheumatology
- Circulatory system
- Respiratory system, anaesthesiology, intensive care
- Endocrinology and diabetes
- General and plastic surgery and dentistry
- Obstetrics and gynaecology, including reproductive medicine
- Gastroenterology and hepatology
- Nephrology and urology
- In vitro diagnostic medical devices
Further information may be found here: