- This event has passed.
Launch Event – Science Meets Regions
March 8 @ 10:00 - 13:00
The Vanguard Initiative innovation networking Initiative is a series of 5 events which will focus on the acceleration of the digital transition in health, as it is essential to reduce the burden of traditional healthcare services and to assure the interoperability of medical data.
The VI Smart health Pilot, through the VI methodology ‘learn, connect, demonstrate, commercialise’ can facilitated the mobilisation of the quadruple helix to identify innovative solutions for accelerating the digital healthcare transformation at EU regional levels in order to better use smart health in terms of recovery, resilience and economic challenges. It brings further development of the new RIS3 strategies from the different regions participating in Vanguard Initiative, and in particular in the VI Smart Health Pilot.
Priority will be given to the topics of prevention, recovery after covid-19 and resilience, building upon data to improve personalised healthcare. The VI INI will be an efficient tool to stimulate territorial and societal renewal, and further the development of the new RIS3 strategies of VI Regions in the context of the VI Smart Health Pilot.
In this context, East NL, Lower Austria and North East Romania will also organise a series of interactive international conferences with dedicated workshops on smart health, where the triple helix partners will be brought together at regional level, with the following aims:
- developing solutions together with researchers and social actors to issues defined by the administration in the field of Smart Health.
- engage stakeholders within a European value chain network of digitalized healthcare services and products.
- outlining collaboration methods and know-how transfer techniques, and thereby accelerate the process of digital transformation in the domain.
- facilitate cooperation between local authorities and the interested parties at the regional level, but also the collaboration between regional ecosystems at EU level.
- Results of the workshops will feed back into administration processes that support the connection of digital and health activities at regional level
10:00 – 10.05 Welcome by Moderator
VI Network Manager
10:05 – 10:20 Keynote Speech Jean Luc SANNE
DG RTD – personalised medicine partnership under development
10:20 – 10:40 Introduction – Science Meets Regions
Stijn Verleyen, Policy Officer, European Commission – Joint Research Centre
10:40 – 11:00 VI Smart Health Pilot
11.00 – 11.15 Saphirre (introduction) – roadmap presentation and main message
11:15 – 11:30 How can regions participate
11:30 – 11:40
11:45 – 11:55